Adsense review

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Right Front Outer Rocker Patch

Remember the "Independence Day" post where I cut off the end of the outer rocker? Today I finished that task by welding in a new patch section.

First, I measured and cut the new outer rocker extension panel to the same dimensions as the original


Then I marked the cut line with masking tape and cut the patch section off with my angle grinder spinning a cut-off wheel. Compare the old to the new:

The hardest part was making sure that the new extension patch was welded in straight (up/down and in/out) because if not, the new inner rocker panel and torque box wouldn't fit well in this area and that could result in quite a problem. We still have yet to see how this all works out. Here is the new extension welded with welds ground flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment